Some days it’s tough to make it to the gym. But if you’ve done the hard work and gotten yourself there that’s only the beginning. Staying motivated and making it through your workout is your next challenge. Your body will thank you when you’re done! Check out my tips for staying motivated at the gym on those days when you just don’t wanna.
Staying Motivated at the Gym
- Think about your goals. Why are you at the gym? Every time I start to slow down or feel like quitting I try to remember what my fitness goals are. I am at the gym for a reason! I am working out to help me feel good about my body and help my body feel good.
- Turn up your music. Blast that fist pumping playlist and push even harder. Spotify is my best friend at the gym. When lifting or doing cardio or teaching fitness classes music is what keeps me and the people in my class going!
- Try something new. Find a new fitness class to take or try out a new piece of equipment or new exercise. Don’t be afraid to ask someone at the gym to help you. Most personal trainers are more than happy to help you out and give you some pointers for free!
- Talk to a gym friend. My gym is like a little community. I see the same people each day and also talk to new people every day. Each person is there looking for something a little different. Chat with someone to help bring back some motivation.
- Take a break. Walk to the water fountain or take a breather. Pushing yourself through a fitness class or your routine is the goal, but if you’re struggling take a break, adjust your form and get back into it with even more effort!
P.S. I love drinking my balance shot from Life Equals on the days I workout! They are great little juice shot with fruits, vegetables and turmeric. Use code ‘RED50‘ for 50% off your first month subscription!